shared by AC member JJ Briggs from the Closet Cooking blog. Thanks JJ!
(makes 4 servings) Printable Recipe
2 cups vegetable broth (or chicken)
1 tablespoon oil
3 leeks (cleaned and sliced)
2 cloves garlic
8 ounces mushrooms (sliced) – I used a mix of cremini, shiitake and oyster
1 teaspoon thyme (chopped)
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup roasted chestnuts (coarsely chopped)
1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
1. Simmer the wild rice in the broth on medium-low heat, covered, until it is tender and it has absorbed all of the broth, about 40-50 minutes and remove from heat.
2. Heat the oil and melt the butter in a pan.
3. Add the leeks and saute until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
5. Add the mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper and saute until the mushrooms are just starting to caramelize, about 10-14 minutes.
6. Mix the wild rice, mushrooms, chestnuts and balsamic viniagrette.